Monday 19 October 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Mouse That Roared, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1959 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Nir Barkat: Israeli businessman and politician Mayor of Jerusalem.
- Martin Kusch: German philosopher and academic.
- Florence Henderson joins Today Show panel
- The first discotheque opens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- The Browns - The Three Bells
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?