Wednesday 19 October 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dawn Coe-Jones and Woody.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The Alamo, directed by John Wayne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching BBC Sunday-Night Play.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1960 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Dawn Coe-Jones: Campbell River, British Columbia -- LPGA golfer (1992 Kemper Open).
- Woody: Rocker (Voice of Beehive-Let it Bee).
- Mark Davis: American pro baseball pitcher who pitched in the All-Star Games of 1988 and 1989 for the National League.
- Jennifer Holliday: Houston, Texas -- Singer / actress (Dream Girls).
- Takeshi Koshida: Japanese footballer.
- George Wallace: American politician who was the Democratic Governor of Alabama, beginning in 1963, for three terms.
- KWCS (now KOOG) TV channel 30 in Ogden, UT (IND) begins broadcasting
- US imposes embargo on exports to Cuba
- The US imposes an embargo on exports to Cuba.
- Martin Luther King Jr arrested in Atlanta, Georgia sit-in.
- France grants Mauritania independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?