Tuesday 19 October 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amber Hamilton and Joy Bryant.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candy Candy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bigfoot Bonkers or Blockade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1976 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Amber Hamilton: Auburn, Washington -- Miss America - Washington (1996).
- Joy Bryant: American actress.
- Robert Scott: American homicide victim.
- Desmond Harrington: American actor.
- Omar Gooding: American actor.
- Jostein Gulbrandsen: Norwegian guitarist and composer
- Paul Hartley: Scottish footballer and manager
- Hiroshi Sakai: Japanese footballer
- Dan Smith: Canadian ice hockey player
- Michael Young: American baseball player
- Battle of Aishiya in Lebanon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 October 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Orleans - Still The One
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?