Monday 19 October 1987
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tsunenori Aoki and Fumino Kimura.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Bad by Michael Jackson.
In UK You Win Again by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Near Dark, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Heaven And Hell by John Jakes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Omsen & Momsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Causeway: Trailblazer II or Gary Lineker's Superstar Soccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1987!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1987 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:19 October
- Anything Goes opens at Beaumont Theater NYC for 804 performances
- Dow Jones Index drops 508.32 points (22%) (record)
- Woody Woodward resigns as New York Yankee GM, Lou Piniella is named GM and Billy Martin is named New York Yankee manager for 5th and final time
- "Black Monday": stock markets around the world suffer an unexpected dramatic drop, with the American Dow Jones Industrial Average falling 22.6 percent (508 points), the largest one-day drop in recorded stock market history, and first financial crisis of the modern globalized era.
- In retaliation for Iranian attacks on ships in the Persian Gulf, the U.S. Navy disables three of Iran's offshore oil platforms.
- Black Monday - the Dow Jones Industrial Average falls by 22%, 508 points.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?