Friday 19 October 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 19 October 2007 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 October
- Michael Maidens: English footballer with Hartlepool United (Born 1987).
- Philippines. A bomb explosion rocked Glorietta 2, a shopping mall in Makati. The blast killed 11 and injured more than 100 people.
- EU leaders agree in Lisbon that the transcription ampquoteвроampquot (evro) will be used in Bulgarian translations of the euro in official EU documents. (EuObserver)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average drops 369.1 points, or 2.7%, on the 20th anniversary of Black Monday. (CNN Money)
- James D. Watson, who shared the 1962 Nobel prize for deciphering the double-helix of DNA, apologizes for reported comments suggesting that black people, over all, are not as intelligent as whites. (NYT)
- Six people die as a result of storms in the midwestern United States and Washington state. (AP via Google)
- Two US Marines including a battalion commander will face a court martial in connection with the killing of 24 civilians in Haditha in 2005. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands of people are evacuated from villages near Mount Kelud on Java as the volcano threatens to erupt. (AP via IHT)
- Four United States Air Force officers are relieved of command following an investigation of an incident where live nuclear warheads were carried on a B-52 bomber from Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota to Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana. (CNN)
- 2007 Karachi bombings: The death toll from the bombings rises to 136 with 387 people wounded. (CNN)
- An explosion kills up to eight civilians Glorietta Mall in Makati City, PhilippinesJee Ann De Gracia was one of the 11th victim of Bombing. (AFP via Inquirer)
- A ship sinks off the coast of Sulawesi in Indonesia resulting in at least 31 deaths and 35 people missing. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Thailand arrests suspected Canadian child molester Christopher Paul Neil after an international man hunt. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 October 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?