Wednesday 19 October 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Puss in Boots, directed by Chris Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 19 October 2011 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Giulia Sarkozy: French child of noted family, her parents are French President Nicholas Sarkozy and model/actress Carla Bruni.
- Turkey launches a military operation against Kurdish militants in northern Iraq, in response to attacks by the Kurdistan Workers Party that killed at least 24 Turkish soldiers in southeastern Turkey. (BBC)
- The members of the Irish boy band Westlife announce that they are to split. (Sky News)
- Google unveils the latest version of its Android mobile operating system, 4.0 (code named Ice Cream Sandwich), along with the Galaxy Nexus, its newest flagship smartphone. (ZDnet)
- The United States' largest bank, Bank of America, is surpassed by JPMorgan Chase in total assets, according to Bank of America's quarterly financial earnings report. (''New Mexico Business Weekly'')
- The parent of American Airlines, AMR, reports a larger third-quarter loss than expected, due to the cost of aviation fuel and the volatility of foreign exchange. (Reuters)
- Floodwaters threaten the Thai capital of Bangkok as the 2011 Thai floods - which have killed 317 people and affected nearly nine million in Thailand since August - continue unabated. (''Washington Post'')
- Queen Elizabeth II commences her 16th visit to Australia in the capital Canberra. (ABC News Australia)
- The President of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, meets with the Prime Minister of Japan, Yoshihiko Noda, in Seoul. (Yonhap)
- 56 animals are intentionally released by their owner from an exotic animal farm in Muskingum County, Ohio. The owner subsequently commits suicide. (CBS/AP)
- The Hellenic Parliament gives approval in principle to further austerity measures, as street protests in Athens turn violent amid Greece's worsening economic crisis. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?