Saturday 19 September 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Lecourt and Mika Waltari.
The Fairylogue and Radio-Plays, directed by Francis Boggs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1908 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Robert Lecourt: French lawyer, politician, minister, judge, author, resistance movement director 1942-45, married once, one child.
- Mika Waltari: Finnish novelist, playwright and short story writer, the best-known author of his country.
- Paul Bénichou: French historian author and critic (d. 2001).
- Tatsuo Shimabuku: Japanese martial artist founded Isshin-ryū (d. 1975).
- Alberto Socarras: Cuban-American flute player (d. 1987).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Over the Hills and Far Away - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?