Tuesday 19 September 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gustaf Allan Pettersson and Weldon Hart.
Besiegte Sieger, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1911 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Gustaf Allan Pettersson: Composer.
- Weldon Hart: Composer.
- Sir William Golding: English writer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1993).
- Henning Alsvik: Norwegian art historian.
- William Golding: English novelist, playwright, and poet who won the 1983 Nobel Prize in Literature, and is best known for his novel Lord of the Flies.
- Red Tuesday-20,000 protest for universal rights
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- A Perfect Day - Cecil Fanning
- Gems from Florodora - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?