Tuesday 19 September 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Mary Hall and Damon [Francis] Knight.
Manslaughter, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1922 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Catherine Mary Hall: Nurse.
- Damon [Francis] Knight: United States -- Sci-fi author (CV, Beyond the Barrier).
- Dana Zatopek: Czechoslovakia -- Javelin thrower (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Emil Zatopek: Czechoslovakia -- 5K / 10K / marathon (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Joachim Steffen: German politician, journalist and cabaret entertainer.
- Emil Zátopek: Czech long-distance runner best known for winning three gold medals at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki. He won gold in the 5000 metres and 10,000 metres runs, but his final medal came when he decided at the last minute to compete in the first marathon of his life. He was nicknamed the "Czech Locomotive".
- Damon Knight: American author and critic (d. 2002)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of Persia - Edwin Dale
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Ethel Waters Jazz Masters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?