Wednesday 19 September 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Belle of the Nineties, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1934 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Jose Cojuangco: Filipino politician, popularly known as Peping Cojuangco.
- Brian Epstein: British discoverer and manager of The Beatles, famed from the early 1960s.
- Austin Mitchell: English academic and politician.
- Bruno Haptmann arrested for kidnapping Lindbergh baby
- Bruno Hauptmann is arrested for the kidnap and murder of Charles Lindbergh Jr..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?