Saturday 19 September 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dodsworth, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1936 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Roland Lefevre: France sport Champion.
- Maurice Pourchon: French educator, a history and geography teacher.
- Alfred A Oerter Jr: Astoria, New York -- Discus (1956, 60, 64, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Adger Cowans: American photographer, freelance since 1963.
- Martin Fay: Irish fiddler (The Chieftains) (d. 2012).
- Anna Karen: South African English actress
- Milan Marcetta: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2014)
- Al Oerter: American athlete, he won 4 gold medals at the Olympics (1956, 60, 64, and 68)in the discus throw, a feat only matched by Carl Lewis in the long jump (4 consecutive victories).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?