Thursday 19 September 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
City for Conquest, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1940 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Bill Medley in Santa Ana: California, USA; rocker (Righteous Bros - "Up Where We Belong").
- Anna Karen South African: born British actress.
- Bill Medley: American musician, teamed with Bobby Hatfield as "The Righteous Brothers.
- Sylvia Tyson: Canadian singer with her husband in the duo "Ian and Sylvia" from 1959 to 1974, a solo artist since then.
- Paul Williams: American composer.
- Caroline John: English actress (d. 2012)
- Zandra Rhodes: English fashion designer founded the Fashion and Textile Museum
- Ed Westfall: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- Nazi decree forbids gentile woman to work in Jewish homes
- Witold Pilecki is voluntarily captured and sent to Auschwitz in order to smuggle out information and start a resistance.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?