Sunday 19 September 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Thank Your Lucky Stars, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1943 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Joe Morgan: American baseball player, a left-hitting/right-throwing second baseman who played for the Houston Colt .
- Mama Cass Elliot Baltimore Maryland: singer (Mamas and Papas-Monday Monday).
- Chris Joyce: Photographer.
- Christi Haas: Austria -- Downhill skier (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Joe Leonard Morgan: 2nd baseman (Reds) / commentator (ESPN).
- Andre Boudrias: Canadian ice hockey player
- André Boudrias: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Indrek Toome: Estonian businessman and politician
- Fanny Whiteers-Koen breaks jumping world record
- Liberator bombers sinks U-341
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?