Tuesday 19 September 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anders Bjorck and Jean Succar Kuri.
Thunder Rock, directed by Roy Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1944 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Anders Bjorck: Swedish politician.
- Jean Succar Kuri: Lebanese-born Mexican businessman.
- Michel Montignac: French nutritionist, he created the well-known Montignac diet method at first to help himself lose weight.
- Russ Nagelson: American baseball player, he played his first major league game with the Cleveland Indians on September 11, 1968 and his last on October 1, 1970 as a member of the Detroit Tigers.
- Régis Oliveira: Brazilian appeals court judge pensioner, vice-mayor of Pitta, mayor of Is Pablo.
- Anders Björck: Swedish politician 25th Swedish Minister of Defence
- Edmund Joensen: Faroese politician 9th Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands
- Jean Kuri: Lebanese-Mexican businessman
- İsmet Özel: Turkish poet and scholar
- Luftwaffe bombs Eindhoven: 200 killed
- Finland and the Soviet Union sign an armistice, ending the conflict between their countries.
- Battle of Hurtgen Forest between United States and Nazi Germany begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - It Had To Be You
- And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal Anita O'Day)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?