Monday 19 September 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Twist by Chubby Checker.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Let's Make Love, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1960 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Loïc Bigois: French aerodynamicist and engineer.
- Yolanda Saldívar: American murderer.
- Tonja Walker: American model actress and singer.
- Mario Batali: American chef and restaurateur.
- Julianna Young: Fort Campbell, Kentucky -- Playmate (Nov, 1993).
- Michael Skakel: American suspect in a high-profile murder case, the 10/30/1985 beating death of 15-year-old Martha Moxley, a childhood friend. The teenager had been savagely killed with the iron end of a golf club, struck in the head with such frenzy that the club had shattered. She had then been stabbed repeatedly with the jagged shaft of the club. The girl had been last seen alive outside the home of Thomas and Michael Skakel, ages 17 and 15. The investigation originally focused on the boys and on Ken Littlet
- Loic Bigois: French engineer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 September 1960 and get them!