Thursday 19 September 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Dementia 13, directed by Francis Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1963 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Alessandra Martines: Italian ballerina who was known for fantastic showmanship.
- David Seaman: English footballer.
- Jarvis Cocker: English singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Pulp and Relaxed Muscle).
- Urmas Tartes: Estonian biologist and photographer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?