Saturday 19 September 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Outsiders, directed by JeanLuc Cinéma Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1964 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Patrick Marber: English actor director and screenwriter.
- Bob Papa: American sportscaster.
- Trisha Yearwood: American musician, country-western singer.
- Kim Richards in Long Island: New York, USA; actress (Nanny and the Professor, James at 15).
- Kim Richards: Movie Actress.
- Eugene McCollom: American serial homicide perpetrator, arrested for fatally strangling a prostitute, dismembering and decapitating her and removing her heart with a Rambo-style knife in early 2002. After his arrest, police began a wide probe on similar cases, investigating whether or not McCollom was a serial killed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 September 1964 and get them!