Monday 19 September 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Campbell and Eric Robert Rudolph.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Cherish by The Association.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Masculin Féminin, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ja zuster, nee zuster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1966 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Michael Campbell: CFL defensive tackle (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Eric Robert Rudolph: American criminal.
- Frederic Chiffot: French captain of an Air France commercial airplane that crashed near Pale, Bosnia on 8/30/1995.
- Eric Rudolph: American homicide perpetrator, a serial bomber, who pleaded guilty to bombings at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, which killed one woman and wounded 111 others, as well as bombings of two clinics at which abortions were performed and a gay nightclub, also deadly.
- Soledad O'Brien: American journalist and producer.
- Yoshihiro Takayama: Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist
- Mike Burke is named New York Yankees president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Temptations - Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
- Los Bravos - Black Is Black
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?