Tuesday 19 September 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Karelin and Stephane Crete.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1967 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Alexander Karelin: Russian wrestler.
- Stephane Crete: Canadian actor.
- Jim Abbott: Flint, Michigan -- Pitcher (California Angels, New York Yankees).
- Stéphane Crête: Canadian actor.
- Aleksandr Karelin: Russian wrestler and politician.
- Martin Block: TV announcer (Chesterfield Supper Club), dies at 64.
- Nigeria begins offensive against Biafra
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Association - Never My Love
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Peter, Paul and Mary - I Dig Rock And Roll Music
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?