Wednesday 19 September 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeremy Jordan and Jeremy Lindsay Taylor.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Feast, directed by Marco Ferreri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Kriminalerzählung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1973 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Jeremy Jordan: Singer.
- Jeremy Lindsay Taylor: Australian actor.
- Delphine Réau: French shooting champion, she won a Silver medal at the 2000 Olympics and a Bronze medal at the 2012 Olympics.
- Nick Colgan: Irish footballer and coach.
- Cristiano da Matta: Brazilian racing car driver.
- Carl XVI Gustaf, becomes King of Sweden
- Frank Robinson homers in record 32nd ML park (Arlington Tx)
- NL refuses to allow San Diego Padres move to Washington DC
- Pirate Radio Free America (off Cape May, New Jersey) goes on the air.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?