Friday 19 September 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Stardust Memories, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1980 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- James Ellison: English motorcycle racer.
- Frances Houghton: English rower.
- Amber Lancaster: American model and actress.
- Sara Quin: Canadian musician.
- Tegan Quin: Rock Singer.
- Dimitri Yachvili: French international rugby union player (2002-11) of georgian descent, born to Michel Yachvili, also former French international. Dimitri played as scrum-half in the 2011 World Cup final against New-Zealand.
- Caesar Twins: Polish theatrical-gymnastics team whose abilities and showmanship have been compared with the high level of Cirque Du Soleil performances.
- Titan II missile explosion (Damascus, Arkansas).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?