Monday 19 September 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eamon and Joey Devine.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tell Her About It by Billy Joel.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Chill, directed by Lawrence Kasdan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Give us a Break.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing GATO or Jumpman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1983 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Eamon : American singer-songwriter.
- Joey Devine: American baseball player.
- Charlie Haeger: American baseball player.
- Ivica Vrdoljak: Polish footballer.
- Matt Wiman: American mixed martial artist.
- St. Kitts and Nevis declares independence from the UK
- Saint Kitts and Nevis gains its independence.
- Gulf Air Flight 771 crashes in the United Arab Emirates after a bomb exploded in the baggage compartment, killing 117.
- Violence erupts in New Caledonia between native Kanaks and French expatriates. The French government withdraws the promise of independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- Asia - Don't Cry
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?