Thursday 19 September 1985
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alun-Wyn Jones and Song Joong-ki.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
After Hours, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Comedy Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chaos: The Battle of Wizards or Power!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1985 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Alun-Wyn Jones: Welsh rugby player.
- Song Joong-ki: Movie Actor.
- Renee Paquette: Sportscaster.
- Gio Gonzalez: American baseball player.
- Alun Jones: Welsh rugby player.
- Renee Young: American journalist
- Italo Calvino: Italian noted writer who dominated the literary scene after the war.
- Allied Chemical (Allied Corp.) changes its company name to Allied-Signal Incorp.
- Tipper Gore and other political wives form the Parents Music Resource Center as Frank Zappa and other musicians testify at U.S. Congressional hearings on obscenity in rock music.
- An 8.1 Richter scale earthquake strikes Mexico City. Around 10,000 people are killed, 30,000 injured, and 95,000 left homeless.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Wham! - Freedom
- Prince - Pop Life
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Madonna - Dress You Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?