Tuesday 19 September 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Departed, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while 6 Rainier Drive by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 19 September 2006 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 September
- The Thai military stages a coup in Bangkok. The Constitution is revoked and martial law is declared.
- Thailand coup d'état:
- An announcement on Thai television declared that a ampquotCouncil of Administrative Reformampquot with King Bhumibol Adulyadej as head of state had seized power in Bangkok and nearby provinces without any resistance. State TV stations are broadcasting messages of loyalty to the King, while international broadcast channels were blocked. (ABC News)
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and President of the United States George W. Bush both speak at the United Nations General Assembly. Ahmadinejad said that Bush's policies in the Middle East were ampquotmoving the world toward war.ampquot Bush said that ampquotThe greatest obstacle to this future is that your (Iranian) rulers have chosen to deny you (the Iranian people) liberty and to use your nation's resources to fund terrorism and fuel extremism and pursue nuclear weapons.ampquot
- A judicial panel in Canada finds that Canadian citizen Maher Arar was falsely accused when he was secretly extradited by the United States to Syria, and that he was tortured there. (MSNBC).
- Israeli media report an explosion in Tel Aviv. Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said the blast appeared to be criminal in nature and not a terrorist attack. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- The return of the space shuttle ''Atlantis'' is delayed by one day after a mysterious object is found floating near the shuttle. (SpaceflightNow)
- 2006 protests in Hungary: demonstrations continue in Hungary peacefully to enforce the resignation of the Gyurcsány-government. The demonstrators expressed their regret on the vandalism done at the Hungarian Television's headquarters last night. In the meantime, farmers announced that they will close roads in the countryside and around Budapest. (HírTV)
- A corporal in the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment becomes the first British soldier to confess to committing a war crime in Iraq, after admitting inhumane treatment of civilians, at a court martial. (BBC)
- Western New England College has embarked on the most ambitious fundraising campaign in the College's history. ''Transformations: The Campaign for Western New England College'' is a $20 million effort that will enable the College to advance its mission of helping students achieve their educational and career goals.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?