Sunday 19 September 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
It's Kind of a Funny Story, directed by Anna Boden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 19 September 2010 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 September
- A new convoy of vehicles departs the UK with humanitarian aid for Gaza, more than three months after 9 people were killed in the Gaza flotilla raid. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States Army charges 5 US soldiers with murdering 3 Afghan civilians earlier this year. (Reuters)
- 2 car bombs explode in Baghdad, Iraq, killing at least 31 people and injuring 111. (AP)
- 3 more people die in protests against the Government of India in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. (AP via Google News)
- At least 40 Tajik soldiers are killed in an attack in the Rasht Valley in eastern Tajikistan. (CNN)
- Islamist al-Shabaab insurgents in Somalia seize control of 2 independent radio stations in the capital Mogadishu. (Sify India)
- 2 Taiwanese tourists are shot while in a bus outside the Jama Masjid mosque in Delhi, India. (''Times of India'')
- 5 people are killed in an armed fight in Otlubayır in eastern Ağrı. (''Today's Zaman'')
- ''The King's Speech'' is premiered at the 35th Toronto International Film Festival. (''The Guardian'')
- Original handwritten Harry Potter manuscripts are to be displayed at Scotland's Wigtown festival. (BBC)
- Rain-triggered floods killed four people and left two others missing Sunday in northwest China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region's in Atush city. (Global Times via Xinhua)
- Typhoon Fanapi (Inday) hits Taiwan with at least three people killed and dozens of people injured. The Peoples Republic of China steps up its emergency response in preparation for an impact on Monday. (UPI)
- Hurricane Igor weakens to a Category 1 hurricane as it approaches Bermuda but cuts power to half the country. (Reuters)
- China suspends high level diplomatic exchanges with Japan after the latter extended the detention of a Chinese fishing captain. (''The Guardian'')
- A humanitarian aid convoy for the Viva Palestina charity starts in London, England, headed for the Gaza Strip. (Al Jazeera)
- A British man of Somali origin, destined for Uganda, is arrested in Schiphol airport in Amsterdam on suspicion of being a terrorist. (BBC)
- Inderjit Singh Reyat, the only man convicted of the bombings of Air India Flight 182 and Narita International Airport in 1985, is found guilty of perjury. (AFP)
- At least four people are killed and a police officer seriously wounded in a shooting incident at a hospital in Lörrach, Germany. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Metropolitan Police release six men arrested on suspicion of being terrorists during Pope Benedict XVI's visit to the United Kingdom without charge. (CNN)
- Eight Mexican police officers from the state of Guerrero are found dead. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 September 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?