Wednesday 19 September 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ben Baller.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deer Drive Legends or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dragonborn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 2012!
Which were the important events of 19 September 2012 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 September
- Syrian civil war:
- Syrian opposition forces facilitate infiltration from Turkey by seizing control of a border crossing in the province of Ar-Raqqah. (''The Washington Post'')
- A car bomb targeting a van belonging to the Pakistan Air Force explodes in the Pakistani city of Peshawar, killing at least nine people and wounding up to 20 others. (BBC)
- Teachers go back to work in Chicago after the union leadership votes to suspend its strike while the membership reviews a tentative pact with mayor Rahm Emanuel. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The Czech Republic temporarily imposes a ban on hard liquor after a spate of deaths related to bootleg hard alcohol poisoning. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The cabinet of Yoshihiko Noda reverses a pledge made by the Japanese government earlier in the week to end reliance on nuclear power by the 2030s. (Kyodo News and Jiji Press via ''The Japan Times'')
- Senkaku Islands dispute:
- A man turns himself in to police after throwing smoke bombs into the premises of the Chinese Consulate General in Fukuoka, Japan. (Jiji Press via ''Yomiuri Shimbun'')
- Protesters in Beijing surround a car transporting US ambassador to China Gary Locke and attack it as it tried to make its way into the gate of the Japanese embassy. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?