Tuesday 20 April 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Paul Stevens and John Stevens.
A Man There Was, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1920 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- John Paul Stevens: Illinois, United States -- 103rd Supreme Court Justice (1975- ).
- John Stevens: American jurist, the 101st Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court, appointed by President Gerald R. Ford.
- Clement Isong: Nigerian banker and politician Governor of Cross River State (d. 2000).
- Ronald Speirs: American Army officer (CO of Easy Company) (Born 1920).
- 7th modern Olympic games opens in Antwerp Belgium
- Phillies mgr Gravvy Cravath puts himself in as pinch hitter, his 3- run homer beats New York Giants 3-0
- Tornadoes kill 219 in Alabama and Mississippi.
- Balfour Declaration recognized, makes Palestine a British Mandate.
- Big Show ends two year run on NBC radio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alice Blue Gown - Edith Day (Rosario Bourdon Orchestra)
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Was There Ever a Pal Like You? - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?