Tuesday 20 April 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
I Walked with a Zombie, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1943 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Edie Sedgwick: American model with great eyes and great legs, a charismatic center of the underground vortex of the late '60s, the poster girl for a life of alcohol and barbiturates.
- Edie Sedgwick in Santa Barbara: California, USA; actor (Ciao Manhattan).
- Ian Watson: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Book of Being, Whores of Babylon).
- Michael Greer in Galesburg: Illinois, USA; actor (Bobby Gentry Show).
- Fleury Di Nallo: French footballer, one of the best strikers in Division 1 in the 1960s and 70s, and a historic player of Olympique Lyonnais.
- Alan Beith: English academic and politician
- John Gardiner: English conductor and director
- John Eliot Gardiner: English conductor
- Jamie Gillis: American pornographic actor, director (Born 1943)
- Braves manager Casey Stengel is struck by a taxi, fractures a leg
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 April 1943 and get them!