Sunday 20 April 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bjorn Skifs and Élisabeth Descombes.
Odd Man Out, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1947 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Bjorn Skifs: Swedish singer (Blue Swede).
- Élisabeth Descombes: French business leader, a former executive director of La Tribune, then CEO of Radio Classique (DI group), and head of Challenges, a French language weekly business magazine.
- Stephanie Buffington: American writer who sold her first TV screen play in 1977 as a movie special, "Three on a Date.
- Rita Dionne-Marsolais: Canadian economist and politician.
- David Leland: Cambridge, England -- Actor / director (Nothing But Trouble).
- Ken Scott: English record producer and recording engineer
- Björn Skifs: Swedish singer-songwriter actor and screenwriter (Blue Swede and Slam Creepers)
- Viktor Suvorov: Russian intelligence officer historian and author
- Andrew Tobias: American journalist and author
- Frederik IX becomes King of Denmark.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 April 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Free Eats - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Linda - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- My Melancholy Baby - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?