Saturday 20 April 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Spirit of St. Louis, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1957 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Aviva Chomsky: American historian and author.
- Geraint Davies: Welsh-Canadian actor director and producer.
- Graeme Fowler: English cricketer coach and sportscaster.
- Bryan Illerbrun: Canadian football player (d. 2013).
- Geraint Wyn Davies: Welsh-born Canadian actor.
- Richenel [Hubertus: R Baars] singer/performer (Dance Around The World).
- Yankee Bill Skowron becomes 3rd player to hit a ball out of Fenway
- 61st Boston Marathon won by John J Kelley of Connecticut in 2:20:05.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?