Monday 20 April 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Come Softly To Me by The Fleetwoods.
In UK Side Saddle by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
Imitation of Life, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1959 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
Famous Birthdays:20 April
- 63rd Boston Marathon won by Eino Oksanen of Finland in 2:22:42.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
- Elvis Presley - I Need Your Love Tonight
- Elvis Presley - (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
- Ricky Nelson - Never Be Anyone Else But You
- The Virtues - Guitar Boogie Shuffle
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Thomas Wayne - Tragedy
- Ricky Nelson - It's Late
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?