Monday 20 April 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Crispin Glover and Rosalyn Sumners.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
The Life of Oharu, directed by Kenji Mizoguchi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Slim Callaghan greift ein.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1964 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Crispin Glover: American actor known as one of the most infamous oddballs in Hollywood, a Dada renaissance man, iconoclast auteur, absurdist entrepreneur and eccentric actor.
- Rosalyn Sumners: American figure skater who earned the World Championship in skating in 1983 and a Silver Medal at the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.
- Andy Serkis: English actor.
- John Carney: NFL kicker (San Diego Chargers).
- Rosalynn Sumners: American figure skater.
- Eddie Dyer: American baseball player and manager (d. 1964).
- 86% of black students boycott Cleveland schools
- 86 percent of black students boycott Cleveland, Ohio schools.
- 68th Boston Marathon won by Aurele Vandendriessche of Belgium in 2:19:59.
- BBC Two launches with a power cut because of the fire at Battersea Power Station.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?