Thursday 20 April 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1972 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Lê Đức: Vietnamese footballer coach and manager.
- Željko Joksimović: Serbian singer-songwriter and producer.
- Marko Kon: Serbian singer, composer, songwriter and producer.
- Stephen Marley: Jamaican musician.
- Carmen Electra: American actress who has carved out a relatively successful career as a replacement for departing stars like MTV’s Jenny McCarthy and "Baywatch" star, Pamela Anderson Lee.
- Audry Maupin: French homicide perpetrator, accomplice of Florence Rey. Both of middle-class descent, they entered a political group of extremists "ultra-left" in the early 90's, a group where they met Abdelhakim Dekhar (the third character who was surnamed "The Parisian gunman" after shootings twenty years later). Dekhar provided a pump-action shotgun to the young couple.
- Zeljko Joksimovic: Serbian singer, songwriter and producer
- Le Huynh ?uc: Vietnamese footballer
- Apollo 16 with John Young and Charles Duke lands on Moon with Boeing Lunar Rover #2.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- America - A Horse With No Name
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Sonny & Cher - A Cowboys Work Is Never Done
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?