Friday 20 April 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Knock On Wood by Amii Stewart.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Good As Gold by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1979 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Ludovic Magnin: Swiss footballer and coach.
- Nate Marquardt: American mixed martial artist.
- Tatyana Polnova: Russian pole vaulter.
- Gregor Tait: Scottish swimmer.
- Quinn Weng: Taiwanese singer (Seraphim).
- Maël Renouard: French philosopher, writer and translator.
- Nathan Marquardt: American mixed martial artist
- Peter Donald: Host (Masquerade Party), dies at 60.
- President Jimmy Carter is attacked by a swamp rabbit while fishing in his hometown of Plains, Georgia, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?