Friday 20 April 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edixon Perea Valencia and Apollonia Poilâne.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Palfrey of Westminster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dr. Seuss' Fix-Up the Mix-Up Puzzler or Gremlins.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1984 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Edixon Perea Valencia: Colombian football player.
- Apollonia Poilâne: French businesswoman, a graduate of Harvard University.
- Nelson Évora: Ivorian-Portuguese triple jumper.
- Anthony Fasano: American football player.
- Tyson Griffin: American mixed martial artist.
- Edixon Perea: Colombian footballer
- Jenna Shoemaker: American triathlete
- Harris Wittels: American actor producer and screenwriter (d. 2015)
- Mabel Mercer: English/US singer ("Fly Me to the Moon"), dies at age 84.
- Russian offensive in Panshirvallei, Afghanistan.
- The Good Friday Massacre, an extremely violent ice hockey playoff game, is played in Montreal, Canada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Rick Springfield - Love Somebody
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?