Sunday 20 April 1997
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Nobody Hold Me Down by Puff Daddy.
In UK I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, directed by David Mirkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Partner by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1997!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1997 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Gin Game, opens at Lyceum Theater NYC for 144 performances
- Present Laughter, closes at Walter Kerr Theater, New York City
- 1st baseball game in Hawaii, Cards beat Padres in doubleheader
- Cubs beat the New York Mets ending NL worst opening, lost 14 straight games
- Myrtle Beach LPGA Classic
- Nick Price wins golf MCI Classic.
- Mark McGwire is fourth to homerun on Detroit Tigers' left field roof (others are Frank Howard, Harmon Killibrew, and Cecil Fielder).
- Karrie Webb wins LPGA Susan G Komen International.
- 27th Easter Seal Telethon raises $47,392,682.
- 58th PGA Seniors Golf Championship: Hale Irwin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?