Friday 20 April 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Give It To Me by Timbaland.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Cashback, directed by Sean Ellis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 20 April 2007 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Johnson Space Center Shooting: A man with a handgun barricades himself in NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas before killing a male hostage and himself.
- 1976 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Mairead Corrigan is injured during a peaceful protest against the construction of the Israeli West Bank barrier. (Indymedia)
- President of Cuba Fidel Castro meets briefly with Wu Guanzheng, a member of the Politburo of the Chinese Communist Party in his first official duties since transferring power in July 2006. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The G4 group of nations, which includes Brazil, India, Germany and Japan, says that it would revive efforts for United Nations Security Council reform. (People's Daily)
- The United States asks India to stop military cooperation with Iran. (VOA)
- The U.S. state of Virginia observes a day of mourning for the victims in the Virginia Tech massacre. (BBC)
- Battle of Mogadishu (2007): Shelling and gunfire continues in Mogadishu after 21 died in fighting and a suicide attack at an Ethiopian base the previous day. (Aljazeera)
- Scientists prove that eating less salt reduces the chances of stroke or heart attack in the first long-term study on salt's effect on health. (The Times)
- A series of earthquakes, the strongest being 6.1 magnitude, strikes the Okinawa island chain of Japan. A tsunami warning is issued but later cancelled. (Bloomberg)
- The 2007 pet food recalls: A new study of pigs at a hog farm in California points to the possibility that melamine has entered the human food supply. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Timbaland - Give It To Me
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Linkin Park - What I've Done
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- T-Pain - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?