Monday 20 April 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jett Roberts .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine, directed by Gavin Hood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stranger Among Bears.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amagami or Astro Boy: The Video Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 April 2009 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Jett Roberts: American child of noted parents, his mother is Jill Scott, a Grammy award winning singer and actress, star of the HBO series "The No.
- Beata Asimakopoulou: Greek actress (Born 1932).
- Oracle announces it will acquire Sun Microsystems for more than US$7 billion.
- The United States commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Columbine High School massacre in 1999 by Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.
- The 2009 Pulitzer Prizes are announced. (''New York Times'')
- Oracle Corporation purchases Sun Microsystems for $7.4 billion. (MarketWatch)
- India's Space Research Organization launches its RISAT-2 reconnaissance satellite. (CNN-IBN)
- The National Unity Party wins Northern Cyprus's legislative election. (BBC)
- The hijacker of CanJet Flight 918 surrenders and releases his six hostages. (Sky News)
- Durban Review Conference:
- The United Nations World Conference against Racism begins in Geneva, Switzerland. (''Telegraph'')
- A protester throws an object at Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and yells, ampquotRacist, racist!ampquot (BBC)
- Several delegations exit during an anti-Israel speech by President Ahmadinejad. (''Telegraph'')
- China's government discovers more of the Great Wall of China. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?