Wednesday 20 April 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Undercover.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ABBA: You Can Dance or CastleMiner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 20 April 2011 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 April
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Renowned photographers Tim Hetherington and Chris Hondros are killed and four others injured in Misrata. (CBC)
- France and Italy are to send military officers to Libya to train rebels. (IBN Live)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Protests continue in Syria despite the lifting of the state of emergency law. (Al Jazeera)
- Opposition figure Mahmud Issa is arrested after giving a television interview. (''Times of India'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- The United Nations Security Council fails to come up with an agreed public statement at its first meeting to discuss the crisis in Yemen as violence continues. (BBC)
- Second Ivorian Civil War
- Pro-Ouattara forces attempt to remove remaining militia loyal to deposed President Laurent Gbagbo. (AFP via Google News)
- Two prominent Chinese human rights lawyers Jiang Tianyong and Liu Xiaoyuan are released. (Al Jazeera)
- President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria wins the presidential election held on 16 April. (This Day Live)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?