Friday 20 April 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Pirates! Band of Misfits, directed by Peter Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 20 April 2012 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 April
- Arab Spring:
- Bahraini uprising:
- Security is increased at the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Bahrain amid continuing demonstrations against the regime. (BBC)
- Police fire sound bombs and tear gas at demonstrators and wound dozens of people with buckshot as reporting restrictions are imposed by the Bahrainese regime. (Al Jazeera)
- Syrian uprising:
- Syrian authorities agree to allow United Nations observers freedom of movement to monitor compliance with a ceasefire. (''Al Arabiya'')
- The Syrian army kills over 50 civilians nationwide, primarily in the besieged city of Idlib. (''Al Arabiya'')
- Egyptian revolution:
- Tens of thousands of people demonstrate in Tahrir Square against continuing military rule in Egypt. (BBC)
- Yemeni revolution:
- At least 18 deaths are reported by Yemen's defence ministry as a result of an army offensive intent on recapturing the capital of Abyan Governorate. (BBC)
- South Sudan–Sudan border conflict: South Sudan announces the withdrawal of troops from Heglig. (Al Jazeera)
- Disney Studios chairman Rich Ross resigns, less than three years after taking the position. (The Hollywood Reporter)
- 127 people are killed when a plane crashes in a residential area near the Benazir Bhutto International Airport near Islamabad, Pakistan. (BBC)
- More than 40 people are killed and 27 injured when a tractor trailer collides with a bus near Álamo, Veracruz, Mexico. (CNN)
- Marcus Robinson, due to have been executed in 2007, is ordered off death row after North Carolina Superior Court Judge Gregory Weeks rules his trial was tainted by racial bias, grounds for cancellation of a death sentence under the state's Racial Justice Act. The judge used controversial statistical evidence of bias to grant the change of sentence. (BBC)
- Former Malian President Amadou Toumani Toure arrives in Senegal after being ousted in a military coup. (France 24)
- The Economic Community of West African States condemns the election plan of the military junta which seized power in Guinea-Bissau. (Al Jazeera)
- Campaigning ahead of Sunday's French presidential election enters its final day. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?