Tuesday 20 August 1901
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Salvatore Quasimodo and Gerhard Dieke.
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1901 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Salvatore Quasimodo: Italian writer, a poet and translator who won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1959.
- Gerhard Dieke: Germany Scientist.
- de Plas: St Quentin EXecutives.
- Fawcett committee visits Mafeking concentration camp in Cape Colony
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When You Were Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?