Thursday 20 August 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1914 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Kitei Sohn: Korean marathon runner / coach (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Yann Goulet: French sculptor, Breton nationalist and war-time collaborationist with Nazi Germany who headed the Breton Bagadou Stourm militia.
- Battle at Morhange: German troops chase French, killing 1000s
- Bavarian troops kill 50 inhabitants of Nomeny France
- German army captured Brussels as the Belgian army retreated to Antwerp
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Off with the Old Love, On with the New - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- When It's Night Time Down in Burghandy - George MacFarlane
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?