Friday 20 August 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Der Januskopf, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1920 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Press Maravich: American basketball player and father of "Pistol" Pete Maravich.
- Arnold Green: Estonian soldier and politician (d. 2011).
- Preliminary meeting in Akron to form American Pro Football League.
- Allen Woodring wins Oympic 200 m dash wearing borrowed shoes.
- The first commercial radio station, 8MK (WWJ), begins operations in Detroit, Michigan.
- The National Football League, (NFL), is founded in the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Billy Murray & Rachel Grant (Gladys Rice)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?