Sunday 20 August 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dinner at Eight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 20 August 1933 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 August 1933 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
See other famous people born on 20 August
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1933?
- Science: Science vol. 78 issue 2016
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Frances Perkins -- Aug. 14, 1933
- Science: Science vol. 78 issue 2015
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This book was written in 1933 and became an international best-seller and a 1934 film. It tells the story of a southern Maine farm family in the early depression through the seasons of the year--starting and ending in winter a ...
Sinclair Lewis takes a distasteful and controversial subject and spins one of his best books. The book examines the feminist / women's suffrage during the early 1900's through the 1930's by following Ann Vicker's life.
When Robert Merrick's life is saved at the expense of the life of an eccentric but adored surgeon, the carefree playboy is forced to reevaluate his own path.
Tell the world why 20 August 1933 is such a special date for you!