Friday 20 August 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dead End, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1937 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Jim Bowen: English television host.
- Stelvio Cipriani: Italian composer.
- El Fary: Spanish singer and actor (d. 2007).
- Ronnie Browne: Scottish musician, singer, teacher and portrait-painter.
- Andrei Konchalovsky: Russian director producer and screenwriter.
- Sky Saxon: American singer-songwriter and bassist (The Seeds) (d. 2009)
- George Thoma: German ski champion and winner of the cross country in the 1960 Olympics.
- Corrie E Moret-de Jong: Dutch MP (CDA)
- Bobby Smith: American athlete, a basketball player drafted by the Minneapolis Lakers on 31 March 1959. He made his NBA debut on 1 November 1959, playing 13 games over two seasons with the Lakers, scoring a total of 37 points.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 August 1937 and get them!