Saturday 20 August 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Madame Bovary, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1949!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1949 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Nikolas Asimos: Greek counter-culture composer and singer (Born 1949).
- Katiana Balanika: Greek actress and singer.
- Alan Hardwick: English journalist actor and producer.
- Patrick Kilpatrick: American actor and producer.
- Phil Lynott: English-Irish singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Thin Lizzy Skid Row and Grand Slam) (d. 1986).
- Norman Featherstone: South African cricketer
- 78,382 watch the Chicago White Sox play the Cleveland Indians at Cleveland, Ohio.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- You're Breaking My Heart - Buddy Clark
- Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae - Whispering Hope
- Someday (You'll Want Me To Want You) - Mills Brothers
- You're Breaking My Heart - Ink Spots
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?