Wednesday 20 August 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Captain Pirate, directed by Ralph Murphy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1952 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Rudy Gatlin: American C&W singer, performing in the Gatlin Brothers band with brothers Steve and Larry.
- John Emburey: English cricketer and coach.
- Doug Fieger: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Knack and Sky) (d. 2010).
- John Hiatt: US singer / songwriter (Have a Little Faith in Me).
- Ric Menello: American director and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Patrice Touron: Senegalese/French ballet dancer.
- Kurt Schumacher: German politician and first chairman of the revived Social Democratic Party of Germany (Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands; SPD) after World War II.
- Stalin meets Chou Enlai
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?