Thursday 20 August 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Roman Holiday, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1953 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Gerry Bertier: American wheelchair Olympian (Born 1953).
- Peter Horton: American actor and director.
- Mike Jackson: American politician.
- Jim Trenton: American radio host and actor.
- Peter Horton in Bellevue: Washington, USA; actor (Gary-30 Something).
- General Fazlollah Zahedi arrests Premier Mossadeq of Persia
- Russia publicly acknowledges hydrogen bomb test detonation
- The Soviet Union publicly acknowledges that it had tested a hydrogen bomb.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 August 1953 and get them!