Saturday 20 August 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
G.I. Blues, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1960!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1960 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Elizabeth Alda: Daughter of Alan Alda, actress (Beth-Four Seasons).
- Mark Langston: San Diego, California -- Pitcher (California Angels).
- Troy Young: Horse trainer.
- Christophe Coret: French race horse jockey, driver.
- Rudolf Moser: Composer, dies at 68.
- USSR recovers 2 dogs, 1st living organisms to return from space
- Senegal breaks from the Mali federation, declaring its independence.
- Senegal breaks away from the Mali Federation, declaring its independence.
- The 1960 Summer Olympic Games begin in Rome.
- The American nuclear submarine USS ''Seadragon'' (SSN-584) surfaced through the arctic ice cap at the North Pole, the first submarine ever to do so.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Fats Domino - Walking To New Orleans
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?