Monday 20 August 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Little Eva.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1962 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Tammy Bruce: American radio host and author.
- Song Dong-wook: South Korean tennis player.
- Duffy James Joseph Waldorf Jr: Los Angeles, California -- PGA golfer (1995 LaCantera Tx).
- Loretta Alderete: Los Angeles, California -- LPGA golfer (1992 Oldsmobile-14th).
- Robert Meyer: Sacramento, California -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Morningstar).
- Sophie Aldred: British entertainer, appearing in the TV series "Doctor Who" and co-host of a paranormal series "It's a Mystery," September 1996. Impressionable, optimistic and extroverted, Aldred was rebellious from the age of 16. Her fight with anorexia was a five year battle that was highlighted when she came down with a kidney infection.
- James Marsters: American actor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?